- Invite a child to come and work with you.
- Show the child where the booklets are and have him bring over “his” booklet.
- Emphasize how special this book is and how it is about him.
- Have the child read the title.
- Have the child turn the page, look at the picture, and then read the text. Keep your finger under each word as the child is reading.
- You can introduce other booklets when he is ready.
The child can read through other booklets when ready and once they have been presented.
The child, if he wants to, can write the booklet in their own handwriting.