LOGICAL ADVERB GAME
- Have the child read each of the read cards in turn, placing each in a column with ample space between each column.
- Then have the child read each of the orange cards in turn, placing each to the right of a red card.
- Have the child read each combination, seeing if it makes sense. If it does, leave the cards where they are. If it doesn’t make sense, take the orange cards and place them in a pile away from the columns of cards.
- Take the pile of adverbs and for the first verb that was mismatched, read through all of the adverb cards until you find a match that makes sense.
- Repeat for all single verb cards until all cards are matched.
- Read through all of the cards again to check that they all make sense.
Place the correct symbols for the verb and adverb above each column of cards.