PUZZLE WORDS I
- Have the child bring over the basket of cards.
- Introduce the material to the child and tell the child that we need to know these special, words because we can’t sound them out.
- Choose one color group.
- Read the first word.
- Have the child read it with you.
- Give the word in a sentence.
- Introduce all of the words in the group in this way.
- Do a Three Period Lesson with the three words. During the first period, use the words in a sentence. During the third period, have the child use the word in the sentence. Help the child if needed.