SIMPLE SENTENCE ANALYSIS I
– Materials from Above
– Card Set Stage Two – 1 (light blue)
– Box 1
– Chart I
- Have the child bring the material to the table.
- Introduce the new material to the child. Show the child the circles and tell the child that we will put these circles next to the answers of the questions written on the black arrows.
First arrow will ask us for “what or who did the action”.
(Who is it that? What is it that?)
The second arrow will ask for the object.
- Be sure to familiarize the child with the questions, which enables him to find the subject and the object. (These are printed on the arrows.)
- Do a few examples with the child as in Simple Sentences.
- Transpose the slips of paper, one at a time and discuss how it doesn’t make sense and that is not how we speak.
- Once the slips are again in their correct spot, have the child collect them.
- Mix them and then have the child recreate the sentence in a line at the bottom of the table.
- Have him read the sentence and check with the blue card.
- Replace the blue card and have him replace the symbols.
- Place the slips of paper in the bin.
- Repeat as many times as long as the child likes.